If you live in a city or town where a questionable public rally has been scheduled, I would like to recommend that you organize with grassroots allies and consider the options presented below. Without a doubt, we have learned many things from the tragedies of Charlottesville, VA.
(1) Adding fuel to a fire simply creates a bigger fire which may burn out of control.
(2) Adding your own violence to the soup makes it more bitter, not less.
(3) Our goal must be “effective response,” not “I can be meaner than you can.”
(4) The police are not our babysitters. We must act like mature adults & own our responsibility for what we contribute to a situation.
(5) KNOW your assumed enemy. There are many groups stepping up right now. Some of them are being purposefully mis-identified by media and political officials seeking to capitalize on society’s growing hysteria. Have you confirmed that what you are “being told” is actually so?
(6) Now is the time to develop strong bonds within our grassroots and local organizations.
Together, we are strongest. Divided, we are weakest. Who are your allies today? Who will be your new ally tomorrow? And so on. Basically, cool your jets, think strategically, be the change you want to see in the world, lead by example, and start responding rather than reacting. The future is in our hands. Act wisely.
LOOK BELOW FOR STRATEGY SUGGESTIONS
THAT PUT THE POWER BACK IN YOUR HANDS